Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oh Canada!

I'm in our nation's capital with Sherry now! Driving Ottawa is very similar to Winnipeg, so I've been finding it the easiest so far.


I drove into the city yesterday from my motel and went straight to the museum of civilization. It was very cool. All the exhibits were great, including the temporary ones. There was one on a classical pianist and I ended up buying one of his CDs just for something relaxing to listen to on the long ride home after Toronto. The architecture in the building was half of the appeal too. All of Ottawa has amazing architecture.

After the museum I called Sherry and she was just finishing up work, which fortunately was only a block away. So I met up with her and we walked around downtown and chatted. Good to get to know her better. It went from beautiful to rainstorm in a matter of minutes so we ducked out in a really nice restaurant and she treated me to dinner, which was also very cool of her.

After we were done our meals and the rain had stopped we continued our walk. It was really nice out again, with those epic after-rain clouds. She showed me around Parliament which was really cool. I got tons more great photography but unfortunately there's no internet here that I can upload on, only check email and write this blog, so I'll try to add photos to this entry later. Parliament was really cool, and it has an amazing view.


Went and checked out where Tim used to live in Ottawa then sent him a picture of his old apartment on my cell just to creep him out, lol. It did.

Today I woke up and Sherry was already gone to work, so after showering and getting ready I hopped in the car and went to check out The National Art Museum of Canada. Ottawa has the largest concentration of museums anywhere, and sadly I didn't get to see them all. I really wanted to see the War Museum too, but it was closing by the time I was done at the Art Museum.


After finding some parking I walked around the Byward Market which is just a cool farmer's market. All kinds of cool stuff, bought a few trinkets, and whatnot. Also checked out Riddeau Center, a mall I remember Tim talking about when he used to live here. Ended up buying some clothes (including normal t-shirts Lauren :P)

I just got home and am pretty pooped. Sorry no pix or vids this entry, like I said I'll try to add some to this entry once they're edited and uploaded. I tried to find some places with wireless internet access today while I was out and about in Ottawa but didn't have any luck.


So Ottawa has been pretty cool. Tomorrow I leave for Toronto. I'm looking forward to meeting Mike and seeing Toronto. I also plan on checking out Niagara Falls one of the days. Then it's gunna be the drive home, which will probably be 3 days.

3 comments:

Craig A. Bailey said...

Seems like you've been gone longer, but I guess it's just over a week. Glad you're having such a blast. As far as posts go though, totally needs some pictures. It's lacking in the visual department. Nice words though. I'd give it a "B" overall. Good job.

Georgie said...

When you get to Niagara, make sure you spring for the $20 to go up the tower and take your good camera with you. Trust me.

lou said...

"Went and checked out where Tim used to live in Ottawa then sent him a picture of his old apartment on my cell just to creep him out, lol. It did."
you're silly, this made me laugh