Sunday, June 1, 2008

Final Night

So I leave tomorrow morning... Tim is taking me out for breakfast before hand which is cool of him. That should be around 11, after that I'll drop Tim off and hit the road. 8 hours of driving, give or take, to my first destination, Minneapolis. I'll be staying with my Aunt and Uncle and my cousins there. They're great family, but since they moved there a few years ago I don't get to see them much, so this will be cool.

I was looking at my money, and realized there is a good chance it won't last to PEI, so I might not get that far. It's 50/50 right now. I will definitely make it to at least Montreal, so even if I only make it that far, I'm willing to bet it'll be a great experience. I do hope I can make it to PEI though. In my worst case scenarios, gas would be $1500, and I have $2000, so $500 to last 2 weeks for food and hotels is pretty slim, lol. But if I sleep in my car when I don't have anywhere to stay a few nights, and eat from grocery stores instead of restaurants it's still doable. But I'll wait till I'm a few drives in to estimate if my worst case scenario is reality or not. Hopefully I get halfway there and am amazed at how cheap it's been and get to PEI no problem. And then when I'm there, on a whim, I buy a lottery ticket and come back a millionaire!

Jenna baked me cookies for my trip, which is awesome of her. Everyone at work has been really supportive of this trip, except for Craig, but that's only cause he's terrified I'm going to die, lol. Good peeps I work with.

Chad dropped off the laptop yesterday, so I'll be adding entries and photos along the way, so please check back often and leave comments. The majority of this trip will be pretty lonely, so if I have a few followers over the net, it won't feel quite so isolated!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We're going to Cora's for breakfast!.. you don't know that yet because A) you're probably still asleep B) I don't think you know what Cora's is.

All things aside, it will rock your stomach.

lou said...

eep! have fun!! be safe!

Georgie said...

OMG I totally *love* Cora's. Tim you are so awesome.

Dale - have a blast and keep in touch. If you make it out here this far be sure to email me!

Don't forget about the value menus at fast food places - cheap way to eat if you want to extend your trip. Buy fruit at the grocery and drink water.

Have a GREAT TIME! I'm so jealous. I love me a good road trip.

(Just so you know how much we road trip, our car is only 3 years old and we have 75,000 MILES (as opposed to km) on it, and NEITHER OF US WORKS OUTSIDE THE HOME.

*blush* of course that won't be happening this summer as I am 7 months into baking a 'lil one...

Enjoy Cora's and enjoy the journey!