Sunday, May 18, 2008

Money...

So last night before bed I decided to check my credit card balance...

You know in movies when someone gets a phone call with really big news they always drop the phone and pass out right there, just collapse to the floor? I always thought that was so fake. Now I'm more inclined to believe it.

I admit I've been somewhat careless in my spending as of late... The plan was just to pay everything off when I got back. Well I'm not quite as naive now. I've had to return the new lens I bought, along with a few other thoughtless purchases.

When I first saw the numbers I was worried I wouldn't be able to do the trip at all! I've managed to bring it down a grand just in one day so I'll be ok but when I get back I'm definitely cutting up my credit card! Hopefully I get my GED and get that 16$ an hour government job too!

This trip is something I have to do, so one way or another I will, but just because I've decided it's top priority doesn't mean I should just forget about everything else!

It's really good I realized this when I did, even 2 more days and I wouldn't have been able to return the lens, or trade a shift with craig to work on Monday and get time and a half. Lesson learned.

So while I'm in Toronto I'll be staying with a gay police officer named Mike. He's my Mom's cousin, not sure what that makes him to me. I've been corresponding with him over email and it sounds like he's really excited to show me around. He says he'll show me the typical tourist places but also some places fewer people know about that he knows from being a cop. Says I'll definitely have some stories... So I'm both excited and nervous to find out what that means.

I also have a relative to stay with in Ottawa. Tim lived there for a while too so he's been talking to a girl he knew there and she said she'd be willing to show me around, apparently she's really looking forward to it.

So until my trip I'll be living cheap and working as much as possible. And sadly I think the same will be true of when I return...

No comments: